Children's Lighthouse has developed a comprehensive learning program, for preschool children ages 2 to 5, that cultivates the development of each child in an atmosphere of safety and trust. The Children's Lighthouse guiding principle is ‘educational child care with a purpose' which means your preschooler will advance intellectually through our proprietary curriculum, develop emotionally in preparation for kindergarten demands, blossom socially with good character values and grow physically to tackle the world. You will notice an increase in your young learner's literacy, language, math and science skills. Your child will also learn to appreciate the arts through our comprehensive curriculum that features individual and group activities with a S.T.R.E.A.M focus (science, technology, reading, engineering, arts, and math).
All Children's Lighthouse preschool teachers strive to promote development and learning in many ways through its proprietary Lighthouse C.A.R.E.S.℠ curriculum:
Character Values Education
Our comprehensive curriculum focuses not only on intellectual development, but also on healthy social and emotional growth through systematic character values education.
Activities are designed to promote active learning through a proactive approach that allows children to explore the world in which they live.
Learning activities are grounded both in time-honored practice, such as learning through play, as well as in current research findings in the field of neuro-education. For example, "brain-based" learning strategies reveal that memory and creativity are enhanced by music, movement and artistic expression.
Our fully-integrated curriculum is characterized by thematic units which combine the key skills of reading and mathematics with learning in the content areas of science and social studies.
Every learning activity is carefully planned to meet or exceed both national and state standards.
We are not your typical daycare! In our early learning school, our Preschool, Pre-K, and A Pre-K programs will help your preschooler develop the necessary skills for kindergarten and beyond. By purposefully fostering your child with hands-on lessons, the Children's Lighthouse's educational team will nurture your child's potential in preparation for elementary school success.
Children's Lighthouse has established several key core values for its early learning schools:
- We believe that each child is an individual, with his or her own unique set of strengths, talents, and gifts.
- We believe that every child has the right to excellence in all aspects of early childhood education.
- We believe in the importance of teaching character values and modeling their use in our interactions with children, their families, and one another.
- We believe in the use of positive disciplinary strategies that lead children to become self-disciplined.
- We believe that honest and frequent communication between the school and the family positively impacts a child's success.
- We believe in the importance of continuing professional development and personal growth through educational opportunities and supportive communities.
- We believe that every teacher and staff member can make a difference in the lives of the children and families we serve.